Tuesday, January 27, 2009

6 foot track training run- Aust Day 09'

After a weekend in Canberra watching a triathlon, Australia Day was celebrated in a typically Australian way with a training run over the 6 foot track race course.
I was joined by two rather amazing female athletes, Angela B and Narelle.

Upon reaching the cox's in a comfortable 1hr 29m, and being surprised by the pace, I then enquired as to some past race results of my training companions to ascertain if they would keep this pace up. It was then I realised I was running with the current World Bronze Medallist in long distacne mountain running, and her training partner!!

The Cox's to Pluvio KOM in 1hr 2min (with 2 short stops) then the long run to the road and down the always painful descent to finish. All up 4hrs 19mins on the legs, with only approx. 20-25 mins in rest/ food stops.

2 comments:

Scam Bullant said...

Obviously just a casual days jog.

Primal Runner said...

Almost a recovery run I would say...